The most important thing is to take your "me" time seriously - switch off your phone and all other gadgets and have time to yourself without distractions! That's what "me" time is all about!!!
Here are my top 10 ideas on what I love doing in my "me" time:
- Taking a bath - a beautiful long bath with some bath bombs (LUSH, I am looking at you!)
- Doing your nails - I think you all know how much of a nail polish addict I am, so needless to say, spending time doing my nails and choosing colours makes me oh-so-happy!!
- Reading - you've all figured out by now that I love reading and I highly recommend it, it is SO relaxing!
- Going to a park and sitting in the sun for a little while - I don't know about you, but it makes me happy! And it gives you the much needed Vitamin D!
- Practicing yoga and meditation - I don't do this as often as I should at the moment, but when I do, I can notice a difference in my mood!
- Relaxing and thinking happy thoughts - life is beautiful but short, so it's important to enjoy it. I've read somewhere that no matter what is happening, some sort of change is around the corner, so don't stress over things that will be fixed!
- Smelling the roses - or any other flower, really, but just taking time out and enjoying little things in life!
- Going for a run and appreciating your surroundings - you will feel happy and refreshed afterwards!
- Watching my favourite TV shows - I love having a glass of wine or a cup of tea, some snacks and enjoying my fave TV shows, perfect for a lazy Sunday afternoon (or, you know, whenever feeling like spoiling yourself!).
- Having a big pamper session - candles, face mask, hair mask, mani, pedi, the works!! This relaxes me so much and makes me feel like a million bucks!!
I hope I've given you some food for thought and you might consider doing some of these things! If you are currently marching through life without "me" time, please stop and reconsider! As little as 30 minutes of "time out" will make you feel so much happier and more relaxed! Do it! I dare you! J
Ms Jelena xx