Tuesday, 8 May 2012

My Top Ten "Me" Time Ideas

My grateful post about recharging batteries got me thinking - do you have any "me" time and how important is it to you?


I used to just brave it and go without time for myself and then I realised that I'm not functioning as best as I could because I'm not feeling 100%. So with my plan for 2012 to be my year, I decided to make sure there I have some "me" time scheduled as often as possible. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, just some time for me to get away from stressful things and relax.


The most important thing is to take your "me" time seriously - switch off your phone and all other gadgets and have time to yourself without distractions! That's what "me" time is all about!!!


Here are my top 10 ideas on what I love doing in my "me" time:

  1. Taking a bath - a beautiful long bath with some bath bombs (LUSH, I am looking at you!)
  2. Doing your nails - I think you all know how much of a nail polish addict I am, so needless to say, spending time doing my nails and choosing colours makes me oh-so-happy!!
  3. Reading - you've all figured out by now that I love reading and I highly recommend it, it is SO relaxing!
  4. Going to a park and sitting in the sun for a little while - I don't know about you, but it makes me happy! And it gives you the much needed Vitamin D!
  5. Practicing yoga and meditation - I don't do this as often as I should at the moment, but when I do, I can notice a difference in my mood!
  6. Relaxing and thinking happy thoughts - life is beautiful but short, so it's important to enjoy it. I've read somewhere that no matter what is happening, some sort of change is around the corner, so don't stress over things that will be fixed!
  7. Smelling the roses - or any other flower, really, but just taking time out and enjoying little things in life!
  8. Going for a run and appreciating your surroundings - you will feel happy and refreshed afterwards!
  9. Watching my favourite TV shows - I love having a glass of wine or a cup of tea, some snacks and enjoying my fave TV shows, perfect for a lazy Sunday afternoon (or, you know, whenever feeling like spoiling yourself!).
  10. Having a big pamper session - candles, face mask, hair mask, mani, pedi, the works!! This relaxes me so much and makes me feel like a million bucks!!


I hope I've given you some food for thought and you might consider doing some of these things! If you are currently marching through life without "me" time, please stop and reconsider! As little as 30 minutes of "time out" will make you feel so much happier and more relaxed! Do it! I dare you! J


Ms Jelena xx

29 comments:

  1. You had me at number 1! Must... Go... To Lush...
    :P
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pampering? Yes, please! Nista lepse nego kada prenesem celo kupatilo na sto za kompjuter, pa mazem nokte, lice, noge, maska ova, maska ona, neko krastavce na oci, pa pustim muziku ili seriju, upalim svece, idila! Jedino ono trcanje ne bih bas mogla... ja sam morski tip, ubaci me u vodu, bicu srecna kao foka kojoj vitlaju ribom ispred nosa :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jao mi kao da smo bliznakinje! Osim za trcanje :) x

      Delete
  3. Great list!

    Sometimes you just need something, even as simple as a night on your own in front of the TV with snacks and not have to worry about anything or anyone but yourself, to do the trick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, xoCATox!!! Completely agree with you! xx

      Delete
  4. Love this post!
    Make sure you do take plenty of me time, because I dont want you to stop posting, haha.
    My fave me time thing to do is boring- but I like to sit down with my kindle in my pj's, make myself some green tea in my favourite cup and saucer, and snuggle in with my pug. I can lose hours though, which is a worry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't stop posting, I promise!!! You, on the other hand, get those assignments done already and entertain me haha! Your me time sounds awesome and not boring at all!!!! xx

      Delete
  5. I love me-time these days.. or I dislike people... don't know which one it is. For me it's usually coffee, nails, tv show and Pjs! Heaven

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. coffee, nails, TV shows and pjs sound good to me!!! Especially on a rainy day!!! Heaven indeed! x

      Delete
  6. I love spending time at home pampering myself! It makes you feel so much better afterwards. This reminded me that I need to go to Lush and pick up some goodies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a little pampering session soon :) x

      Delete
  7. Even just reading that list made me relaxed! I usually do a big pamper on Sunday nights. Today I had a bubble bath with a face mask on while eating a flake choccie and reading the new Cosmo, then I painted my nails and went to yoga! Super relaxed now! Great post :) x

    http://and-the-beast.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh sounds awesome! Now you've reminded me that I haven't had a flake in sooooo long! x

      Delete
  8. I love this post! 1,2,3,4,9 and 10 are things I try to do quite regularly! I have been meaning to get more exercise into my routine but it's just been a bit tricky finding time for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Coco! Try with going for a walk at lunch time or something like else that's easy to fit into your routine :) x

      Delete
  9. Me time is the best, I love when the boys are at footie training and I can just sit down and watch my girly programms and that!

    joanne from jimmilou.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not big on naming it 'me' time... don't know if you caught that post! For me, it's just hanging out doing what I do. Regardless, you sure know how to relax and make the most of your time, Jelena! Thanks for sharing. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do remember that post, Bron! Doesn't matter what you call it, as long as you have some time doing what you love :) x

      Delete
  11. Oh the bath sounds so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm doing everything except 5 and 8....exercising, gah! I'll need to get onto that stat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Start slowly, with walks or something you like and go from there :)

      Delete
  13. Love this post! Me time is often seen as selfish and indulgent but it's a must!. congrats on making the Blogstar Awards Shortlist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to feel bad and selfish for having some me time, but when you think about it, you feel so much better afterwards and when you interact with people around you, you give them more attention because you feel better!

      Delete
  14. Congratz on winning BlogStar Awards! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and reading my blog!!!